Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Celebrating Indonesia 70th Anniversary at Surakarta

This year Indonesia celebrating its 70th Independence Day, and I got a chance to celebrate it at Surakarta (Solo), Central Java.

I have never been to Solo before, so I am quite curios and interested to stroll around the city, which is one of my favorite type of travelling. I went to Solo by train from Gambir Station, Jakarta. It took about 8 hours to Solobalapan station.

The first destination I visited in Solo is Danar Hadi Museum, an ancient batik museum which exhibit hundreds batik collection. I choose this museum because the location is not far from the hotel where I stayed in 8 minutes by walk. This museum also listed as the number 1 must visit tourism object in Solo by tripadvisor. And yes, this museum is pretty cool. I can say the guide explain very detail about the batik history and the collection is amazing.





Indonesia
Ayo Kerja!



What I love the most about this city is the wide pedestrian (unlike other cities in Indonesia), the pedestrian also completed with pretty chairs and lot of trees, so even if you are walking for the whole day you will not feel hot.


mesjid tua


The other interesting spot is Triwindu antique market. Since I really love unique and vintage staff, I spend hours here just for looking around, there are quite lot of vintage stuff sold here such as radio, phone, charcoal iron, pretty plates and lamps, masks, old coins, stamps, statues, even old photos of common people in black and white.

lampu antik
Add caption







I love this street light design so much


Sadly, since August 17 is holiday, lot of shops and restaurant are closed. Also most of the tourist attraction/ museums are closed by 2- 3 p.m. So, I didn't get to visit all of the attraction I have checked on my to visit list. I also didn't visit the palace, because it was already closed at 3 p.m.

I actually planned to visit Taman Sriwedari to watch wayang orang show. But since it was started at night I didn't have enough time because I haven't pack my suitcase.

Solo

Indonesia independence day
People gathered for flag ceremony

street vendor
Ice cream street vendor




No comments:

Post a Comment