Thursday, September 10, 2015

You Raise Me Up

Last May, my mom had an oration speech as a professor. Her student created a video based on my mom's photos compilation of people who help her since she was a student. The video started from the day I was born until earlier this year. My mom said that she was very lucky to met people like Debbie, Joanne, and the others, who took care of me and help her a lot while we were in the USA. My mom always said that they are not just a friend, but they are our family. Watching the video is kinda make me sad, because it reminds me about Debbie.

What I remember about Debbie
While I was in the USA, I used to live with Debbie, in her home, with her children. That days my father was in the Philippine, while my mom was in her final year. Because my brother was still a baby who needs full attention, Debbie asked my mom to took care of me, so my mom could focused on her thesis. Not only cooked me food, and gave me presents, she also gave her love to me as if I am her daughter.
After moved to Indonesia, We still send letters to Debbie, especially during Christmas and New Year. Until one day (year 2000s) our letter was send back from the USA, there is a note that Debbie is no longer lived in her previous address. 
Later in 2010, my mom went to USA and tried to contact Debbie, but then she got a news that Debbie passed away. We were very sad. I always imagined that someday I will meet Debbie again, but now she is gone.

Thank you Debbie for raised me up, for your kindness, and for your love, you will always in my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment