Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Celebrating My May Birthday at Malaysia

During  May long holiday I went to Kuala Lumpur, to handle some sort of businesses while also celebrating my birthday!

The last time I went to Kuala Lumpur I did not get to visit lot of places since I went there with high school kid from UK and she only want to watch movie and sip a coffee in a coffee shop. And she always asked me to go with her. But it's okay, because at that time the movie theater in Indonesia blocked all foreign movies.

Then, because I did not get to visit a lot places, on my May trip this year, I tried to visit as much as possible, (tough there are lot places that I could not visit because my main purpose to visit Malaysia was not travelling). Here are some of my favorites:


Kuala Lumpur Bird Park


The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is located in Kuala Lumpur, I went there with uber to save time and money. Uber is a cheap alternative if you travel in a group of two or three. The price was a bit cheaper compared to travel with monorail.

There are various types of birds in this park, some were caged, and there were also some birds we can interact with. We can also give food to the ostrich and take picture with parrots. 


Visit Malaysia
After saw this picture my friend said, "look even the bird has lover, how about you?"

Bird Park ticket with my date of birth :p

Bird Park
These birds ready to take a pose with you

                                                                          Art Exhibition of Young Malaysian Artists 

I always a big fan of art, and I love to visit art exhibition whenever I have a chance. I like to learn how artists turn their ideas into great art and sometimes unusual form of art. So when I was passing by and saw that there is Young Malaysian Artists Art Exhibition right in front of my eyes, I just cannot left it out. And here are some of my most favorite:

The Human Zoo. With this art, the artist, Khairul Ehsani Sapari, want to questioned his audience whether they realized that they are living in a caged life, a human zoo, where we exchange freedom  for food and welfare.
The Crowded City, the artist tried portrayed the crowded city of Kuala Lumpur. 
Emotion by Muhammad Hafiz Abdul Gapor, the artist used color as a representation of human emotion. I really love the idea that he used both thread and acrylic on canvas.
Shadow by Hafawati Abadin, if you take a closer look it will look amazing.


Indian Wedding Ceremony 

One of my bestie live in KL, so when I got a chance to visit KL, I immediately contacted her so we can hang out together. We decided to meet up at Dataran Merdeka, to watch International Jazz Concert held in that place. Dataran Merdeka or Merdeka Square is located in front of Sultan Abdul Samad building. This is the place where Malaysia first declared their independence from UK. Nowadays, Dataran Merdeka often used to held various kind of events. 

On our way to Dataran Merdeka we found  lot of parade with full of lighting, and people dancing. Yes, I think it was an Indian wedding ceremony held in the street. That was my second time seeing wedding ceremony on the street (the first one was in Edinburgh).

Malaysia






International Jazz Festival

The International Jazz Festival at Dataran Merdeka was fun, and it was free of charge! 


Malaysia




No comments:

Post a Comment