Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Trip to Bangkok - Part 1 Visiting Chatuchak Market

Earlier this year, I got a chance to visit Bangkok.

The first place I visited was Chatuchak Market. This market only open every Weekends, so when you make a travel plan to Bangkok, you better put Saturday or Monday as one of your trip days.
Chatuchak is a traditional market, a quite large one, and sell various things from snacks, drinks, furnitures, flowers, clothes including Bangkok traditional fabrics, foods (including halal food), cute puppies, and souvenirs of course. The price of the stuff here is quite affordable, and cheaper then the same stuff you found in Jakarta. Of course, because lot of trader in Jakarta took their items from Bangkok.

Since I cannot eat most of the snacks sold there, because it was not halal. I just looked around and snapped any interesting things. 

look at that boy cooked squid eggs
I spotted a food vendor that sold squid eggs (which actually a sunny-side-up made from quail eggs), this squid eggs reminded me of my favorite childhood snacks, a tiny omelette (is there anybody who knows what this food called?). The pan used by the squid eggs trader even have the same shape and size with my favorite tiny omelette.

Since the Bangkok weather is super hot, even hotter than Jakarta, plus Chatuchak was very crowded that day. I spend a lot in fruit juice (which is super refreshing) and I also tried Coconut Ice Cream. The coconut ice cream made from coconut, served on tiny coconut shell and various topping you can choose your own.

I chose coconut ice cream with corn topping

The halal food vendors I visited named Kah Jak. They sold various menu, from Thai traditional food to western food. Since that was my first meal at Thailand. I prefer my all time favorite Thai's food-Tom Yam Kung, which was tasty but quite spicy. One of the unique thing about this restaurant is the table they used was made from sewing table

bangkok halal food

Table made from sewing table

I will continue my story about my trip to Bangkok on the next part. See You!




1 comment:

  1. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    Bangkok Trip

    ReplyDelete