Sunday, October 4, 2015

Share a Coke

In these few months, Coca-Cola is conducting a Share a Coke campaign strategy, worldwide, including in Indonesia. The Coke cans and bottles have a special packaging with your name written on it (if available). The coke company also provide the Share a Coke with BFF, Bro, etc. for (probably) them who could not find their name.

But how about some people have a really unique name and want to have the Coke packaging with their own name on it? The Coke company now (I don't know when exactly they start this), start a new Share a Coke campaign, where people can choose what's written on their personalized can (as long as they did not use it for their own promotional media). Last Saturday, I went to a supermarket in my town, and I found the Coca-Cola stand that offering this. And here is my personalized can with my own name.




I am not an expert in marketing, I never studied marketing nor working in marketing area. But, I think this is a great marketing idea. Now, in the Social Media era, having a personalized can with their own name, will encourage people to share it on their social media (including me). The company then will get free campaign from their customer who will voluntary ask other people to share a coke with them. The customer's friends on social media then (if interested) will try to find their name (or buy the personalized one) then also share it on social media, like a domino effect. How about you? have you find your name and share it on social media? 



No comments:

Post a Comment