Monday, February 13, 2017

The Dazzling D4zzlerz Show, My First Experience Directing a Shadow Dance Show

January 2017, my office held an annual meeting at Bali, and one of the agenda is Idol performance.

This year, again, I was in the same team with our HR Director, R. Because last year we already in the same team, and successfully performed an unforgettable show, it was easier for us to gain ideas. And we agreed to perform a Shadow Dance Show!

The very short time given by the committee (less than a week) for performance sure made us nervous, but with only total 4 hours of rehearsal, we (again) succeed performed an unexpected show and announced as the 1st winner. Yippee!

The show began with narration from me:
Soon, our team, Dazzlerz will show you a story about the life journey of a human being since before she was born until she is all grown up. And how she show her gratitude to the people she loved starting from the simple things.
My hand was shaking, a lot, when I read the narration. I was super nervous, because on rehearsal, the timing always missed. I was so stressed, I even get a stomachache 😅

But, when the show started, and everything flowed in the perfect timing, I was beyond happy. Cannot wait for another chance to be a stage director and script writer! 😆



Song: Monokrom by Tulus
Script: Me & R
Props: Mostly DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment