Thursday, December 31, 2015

Believe in Your Dreams

Today is the last day of 2015, means tomorrow will be a new year. Some people say new year means new hope, some people may write their new year's resolution. I usually write my resolution to be a better person and I also write some dreams that I wish to be come true. One of my dreams since I was a kid, is to continue my study in one of the world top university with full scholarship.

To achieve that dream, I already applied and got Letter of Acceptance from several universities, (one of the university professor even asked me to take the PhD program instead of the master program), I also took IELTS and got good grade, I wrote my CV completed with several relevant experiences. My GPA also good enough for scholarship application. (During the first year of my undergraduate study, I got sick and all my grades felt down, and I got a very bad GPA. I even created a list of grades score I need to achieved to reduce that gap. I was scared because bad GPA means say goodbye to scholarship. Finally, when I was graduated, I was able to get the grade that good enough to apply for scholarship). Besides that, I also got good recommendations from my Professors in IPB and from my boss at office, but those were not impressive enough for the scholarship committee to choose me as an awardee. In this recent years, I already rejected 7 times for my scholarship application, some of them even not called me for interview.

I felt down when I was rejected for the 7 times. I keep questioning my self "Am I not qualified enough?" People around me keep asking when will I depart for my master study, which makes me feel ashamed because years has passed but I still could not get it. Some people even said "maybe that's not your way, you should give up, why are you so insisted to continue your study?"

But I am lucky, I have people around me who keep supporting me in achieving my dream. My mom, who pray for me, inform me if there is a scholarship opening, sometimes she also reviewed my application before submitted. My father, my brother, my best friend, and even my boss also supported me to achieve my dream. They said if there is a will, then there is a way. My boss also said "it just, the time has not coming yet, keep trying, keep praying, I believe you will make it someday"

 I want to quotes Kang Joo Eun word from Korean Drama, Oh my Venus:
"If I believe, I can do it. Because I believe, I can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment