Friday, March 7, 2014

Idina Menzel

If you watch Oscar 2014, or at least watch the news on tv or even social media, you should hear that John Travolta called Idina Menzel as Adele Dazeem. Omg!

Well, in such a big event like oscar, I think things like mispronounced shouldn't happen. But its happen.

Idina Menzel performing Let It Go

Anyway, since my name is uncommon, people often mispronounce my name. And if they pronounce my name correctly then they will write my name wrongly! 

I remember at the first time I got an office email address. As a fresh graduate I feel so glad that I have an email address that not a free domain (#sorrynorak). But, when the IT staff tell me that my email address is erzia.adyas@company.com I feel bad. 

Whats wrong with my name? Is it that hard to write? To pronounce? 

Sometimes I also meet people who said "hey, I know you, the one with hard to pronounce name! What's your name?"

But I also meet people who said "Hi! You are Ezria right? Your name is pretty? What's your name mean?"

Then I answered "thanks :) Ezria means help"





No comments:

Post a Comment